Lily's Purrfect Surprise

'Twas finally Saturday! I opened my eyes, looked through the window and saw some little birds flying crazily like the Smoke Squadron. I took a deep breath and that fresh Amazonian air went into my lungs, giving me a positive energy to seize that weekend. In the blink of an eye, I jumped out of my bed, washed my face and went to the kitchen to have breakfast. Some people might think that a piece of bread, a cup of coffee and boiled plantains are not a proper meal to have in the morning. I just do not care about that because ‘twas a special breakfast made by my parents.

After eating, I called my cat, Lily, but I had no signal of her presence. I kept doing that for some minutes and the results were the same. I got so worried that I thought the dogs of my neighbor had killed her. 

With no time to waste, I turned my house upside down. Not even a single inch was bypassed by my eagle eyes. Unfortunately, I could not find my feline friend. I really did not want to believe that. Then, I heard some meows coming from the garage. When I got there, I found five “purrfect” kittens and, obviously, my missing cat. I was like “You have cat to be kitten me right meow”. I bet I could die right there because of such cuteness. What an amazing surprise! That Saturday was one of the happiest ones I have ever had.



Stepheson Emmanuel

Comments